Although problems installing Merge are rare, they do occur from time to time. Araxis support has identified the following steps as likely to solve most installation issues.
- Check that you are trying to install the correct variant of Merge for your operating system. There is a separate Merge installation disk image download for each version of macOS or OS X (High Sierra, Sierra, and El Capitan). You must use the correct one, otherwise Merge will not work properly.
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for Merge.
- Use the macOS Disk Utility application to verify your hard disk and verify disk permissions.
- Ensure that the installed Merge command-line utilities match the version of the main Merge application that you have installed.
- Run the main Merge application to ensure that your serial number is valid.
- Try going through the steps in How to Uninstall and then starting the installation again.
How to get help
If you continue to encounter problems after trying the above, please contact Araxis for assistance. If possible, please include a screenshot of any error you are seeing, and note which version of macOS or OS X you have installed on your computer.